Friday, April 14, 2017

Blog #6: Comment on a colleague's work.

     Texas allows college students to carry guns on campus, which means they can carry packing handguns with the textbooks into their classrooms. It sounds so terrific to me. Being a college student myself, I am against this law and I completely agree with one of my colleague's blog "Texas SHOULD NOT Allow Guns On College Campuses." I agree with her saying, "Someone carrying a gun could easily think someone is trying to harm them, and possibly shoot them in a matter of "self-defence" when the victim was innocent all along." As it takes no time in pulling a trigger instead of going through the effort of holding a knife to stab someone when the victim can still defend themselves.
     Although, the people of the United States agree with the idea of keeping guns with them as they can defend themselves when they confront a violent person. I personally do not find it right to allow people keeping a concealed weapon especially the college students on campus. Colleges are emotionally volatile environment and allowing guns on campus turns classroom debates into the crime scenes. I think the gun on college campuses distract the learning environment and brings an air to the campus that you don't feel safe and you feel that you always have to be protected. In addition, colleges are too crowded to safely allow the carry of concealed weapons as any dangerous person might jump someone who is carrying a gun, take his gun, and use it to do harm. As our constitution allows ownership of guns, it's not easy to remove the guns. However, we can definitely slow the usage of it by using a pepper spray or a police baton as an alternative in the matter of self-defence.
    Therefore, I completely agree with my colleague's blog and definitely, Texas should change the law soon making the college environment free from the fear of guns.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment